Welcome !


Hi and welcome to my Blog !

I am a passionate Saltwater fly fisherman. I hope you enjoy browsing the blog and please also visit my Webshop where you will find many high quality materials for tying those Saltwater and Predator flies.





Wednesday 14 November 2018

Louis finds success in the Black forest!

Silver Scales regular Customer Louis Chancellor recently found some opportunist success using our Vibro shads and a few bits of end tackle from our range.


Louis told me:

'I was hiking with my girlfriend in the German Black Forest, so no serious sessions, just 10-15 minutes here and there in forest lakes and streams etc. Only a little UL travel rod and pocket tackle box, but I usually got a bite in the first few casts. Jack pike, perch, trout and chub. Great fun on a little rod though!'
'I was using a Silver scales vibro shad in green pumpkin, on a Silver scales #6 weedless worm hook, 3.5g SS texas weight, SS 8lb braid mainline and 8lb seaguar leader...'



Sounds like you had a great time Louis and a very good example of some really enjoyable opportunist angling! well done!


If you would like to send us a catch report like Louis then please email us at fishonflies@outlook.com and we'll post it up for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment here if you wish to message me. Thanks.